Back pain is one of the most common conditions affecting adults, which limits their mobility and daily activities. In fact, studies show that approximately 16 million people suffer from chronic back pain. And this doesn’t get any better with fall activities like tailgating.
So, is it safe to attend a tailgating party when you suffer back pain? Don’t let back pain derail your plans to join others in a tailgating. However, it’s essential to know the potential dangers and safety tips to have a blast.
Below we have discussed how fall activities like Tailgating can be hard with back pain.
Tailgating with Back Pain This Fall
The fall is here and that means it’s fun time. There are so many fall activities to participate in, one of which is tailgating. This activity is the most anticipated tradition for Americans. But a small problem like back pain can ruin your plans for a wonderful tradition.
One of the most serious risks of tailgating is back pain, as sometimes it involves;
- Lifting objects
The activity strains your back which can worsen your back pain. However, you can take precautions and enjoy the fall activities even when suffering from back pain.
How to Prevent Back Pain When Tailgating
Back pain takes various forms, from a sudden sharp pain or a persistent dull ache. The amount of tailgating back pain someone experiences vary depending on their individual back skeletal and tailgating style. Here are a few tips that could assist in alleviating back pain;
- Bring along a relaxed tailgating seat to avoid curving your spine
- Avoid standing for long hours, which can strain your back
- When lifting heavy objects, use the power of your hips and legs but not your back
- Take breaks when you feel tired
- Maintain a healthy diet ahead of the tailgating activity to maintain your center of gravity and avoid straining your back
- Consult a pain management specialist to learn more about the dos and don’ts when tailgating
Sometimes you can take precautions but still end up with back pain. So, what happens then? Below we have discussed some home remedies for back pain.
Home Remedies for Back Pain Relief
Don’t accept a life of chronic pain. You can do a few things at home for back pain relief. And lucky for you because we have laid them down for you;
- Exercise regularly
- Maintain good eating habits
- Get enough sleep and avoid sleeping flat on your back
- Maintain a proper posture
- Avoid stressful situations as this tense your muscles
Don’t Let Tailgating Worsen Your Back Pain
Back pain is a difficult and stressful, and tailgating can worsen the situation. Luckily, you can try the home remedies discussed above. But if the pain persists, it’s better to visit a specialist. Integrative Spine & Sports has experienced board-certified physicians with expertise in some of the most advanced pain management techniques. Fill out the form below to schedule an appointment.